It’s pretty exciting how easy it is to align objects in an assembly. And the automatic views you can create in your drawings. Screw manual drafting, the future is here!!
- The first part you place in an assembly is automatically locked and can be used as the centre of orientation for all your other parts
- (F) = fixed, (-) = not fully defined in space
- You can put 6*2 for 12 diameter or 12/2 for 6 radius, save on in-head math
- Parts in an assembly are linked to their files (like in indesign)
- Mates are relationships between parts. You can make a relationship between a bunch of parts all at once.
- You can mate planes in the same way as parts
- Exploded views look sick
- Having multiple views that you can switch between seems really handy